How to Repair SMPS – 3 Effectively Proven Tips for Repairing Various SMPS


Want to learn how to repair SMPS as soon as possible?

Ah…I see you nodding your head…

That's good because I would like to share some SMPS repairing tips that will help you in a big way.

You know, some technicians opined that the process of troubleshooting and fixing SMPS units is a hard one, but for me…it is the opposite!

See, I've repaired dozens of switch mode power supplies - for computers, TVs, video game consoles and more. In most cases, they were easy to fix.

Of course, I had a highly organized manual on how to repair SMPS which I refer from time to time, and that made it easy for me…Should you need one, then I suggest you take a look at this website.


Listen, as I said…Repairing an SMPS is not hard. Kindly take note of the tips below to set yourself on the right path…

1. Diagram Education!
It's critical that you learn how to read the schematic diagram of SMPS. Understanding the diagram is fairly easy and once you know how to do so, you will quickly be able to conduct the proper problem isolation process.

This in turn, will help you pinpoint the true causes of failure!

2. Avoid wasting money!
Do you think it's the power IC that led to the failure of your SMPS unit? Think again! I know some folks would simply replace it without conducting the proper inspection.

I made this mistake when I handled my first few faulty SMPS cases :P Wasted some cash because of this…

Listen, I suggest that you use a UC3842 IC Tester to accurately check the condition of your SMPS power IC before actually replacing it. This will save you money.


3. When in doubt, get email help from an expert!
When I first tried to learn how to repair SMPS over a year ago, I found the experience frustrating. I tried searching for step-by-step info on the internet, but the ones I discovered were too convoluted…

Finally, I found one that contains specific repair instructions with photos. But it gets even better…It also includes email help from a highly accomplished electronic engineer!

So yes, when in doubt be sure to email an expert to get the help that you need.

If you want to know how to repair SMPS in a step-by-step fashion with handy email support just in case, then follow this link for an easy to follow downloadable guide (if it's still available…).